Harlan Spector groovin' with friends on his Hammond B-3.
The idea to record this CD was simple; pick great songs performed on great instruments by great musicians, recorded by professional engineers in a real studio. Consider this CD your musical time machine. Back to the basics, when you could tell a group of musicians were dedicated to the art form of recorded music.
This CD was recorded in the style of the greats from the early days of recording in Philadelphia. As a true “live” recording the songs were played live with all bass lines played on the organ pedals (not normally done). Dorian Rhapsody - piano and drums recorded live with strings overdubbed and violin by Scarlett Rivera.
1. Beach Cruisin' - This song captures the feel of riding a Harley down the Coast Highway!
2. Blues In The Night - The Hammond is rich and powerful. Don’s guitar licks sing.
3. Rollin’On - Another biker tune with a calypso feel designed to put you on the beach in the Caribbean.
4. Dorian Rhapsody - A classical composition featuring the talented violin of Scarlett Rivera.
5. Harlan Shuffle - A gritty, rockin’ Hammond organ blues tune brings you back to the good ol’ days.
6. Georgia - A soulful journey through the South. The tune builds to a powerful finishing crescendo.
7. Anthem - Harlan and Jack rockin’ Yes believe it or not this is a live cut!
8. Green Onions - Why not do a remake of Booker T’s classic with a reggae feel.
9. Yea, We Got The Blues. . . . Enough said.
Harlan Spector: Hammond Organ, Bass Pedals, Piano, Synthesizer
Recorded and mixed at: Don Peake Studio, NoHo, CA
Produced by: Don Peake and Harlan Spector
Mixed by: Ron Hitchcock